Projects / A.M.I.C.U.S. / Comments

Comments for A.M.I.C.U.S.

05 Apr 2006 04:24 lynchaj

Testers and developers for AMICUS wanted
Hi,

If you would like to help in the AMICUS project as a tester or a developer, please contact me through the amicus-users mailing list.

If you found that a feature did not work correctly for you or would like one added, I need to hear from you!

If you have had trouble installing MythTV, I will be glad to help you as best I can installing it with the AMICUS script.

Thank you!

If you cannot join the mailing list, you can contact me directly via:

lynchaj .at. users .dot. sourceforge .dot. net

Andrew Lynch

11 Mar 2006 11:54 lynchaj

HD3000 support started
Hi,

I have been working on adding HD 3000 tuner support. I have just posted the first revision (c) of pre-release AMICUS 0.04. It is early and needs testing but I can get it to work so that is a positive development.

The latest pre-release revision also includes a bunch of bug fixes and usability improvements from the recent testing.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

25 Feb 2006 20:37 lynchaj

IVTV support, CD ISO pre-loaded with packages
Hi,

I just posted a new pre-release of the AMICUS script that supports IVTV (Hauppauge PVR-x50) and the BT8x8 tuners. In addition, I posted a CD ISO image of self booting CD that will install Debian Testing Netinst and all the packages pre-loaded in place for an easy install.

The CD ISO script is already obsolete so if you are seeking IVTV support or the most current script you should install from the CD ISO and then download the latest script (amicus-pre-b-0.03) and overwrite the one the CD installed in /root

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

14 Feb 2006 19:19 lynchaj

amicus-pre-b-0.02
Hi,
I posted pre-release revision b for AMICUS version 0.02 on the main project page. The pre-release version can now compile XViD/x264/MPlayer from source and has an updated MythTV 0.19 compile from source option.

I am looking for some candidates new to MythTV and/or Linux who would like some help getting their MythTV PVRs up and running in return for helping me test AMICUS.

If you are interested, please join up on the project page mailing list, tell me a bit about yourself and your PC you'd like to install on. Then we can begin walking you through the process.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

14 Feb 2006 09:02 lynchaj

amicus-pre-b-0.02 update
I am currently testing the refining the "Build x264/XVid/MPlayer from source" option. It seems to work on my machine now. That feature will be put in the AMICUS version 0.02 pre-release b revision.

Still looking for some brave testers so I can test and debug the ivtv install/configuration option. It is a major feature in 0.02 so I'd like to get going on it as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

13 Feb 2006 04:30 lynchaj

AMICUS pre-release version 0.02 revision a posted
For the adventurous, I have posted a pre-release of version 0.02 revision a.

It has:

- automatic clock synchronization feature

- automatic MythTV on boot

- Compile MythTV from source

I really need some brave volunteers to test AMICUS with ivtv type hardware. I have successfully used the procedure in the script but I do not have any PVR-x50 hardware on my test station to verify it works properly in all cases. Please consider helping out on the script as a tester or developer!

Thanks!