Projects / Amarok / Comments

Comments for Amarok

07 Jan 2007 10:29 metalzelot

get independent of KDE
First off I'd like to say how much I like amarok. Its by far the best audio player for linux and I really love it.

But I think it would be so cool to see amarok getting rid off using KDE libs. And amarok would get much more adherence of gnome users. Though I prefer KDE.

04 Jul 2006 17:56 LinusGates

Re: make error

> This didn't work for me. I'm still

> getting the same error.

> Making all in void

> make[5]: Entering directory

> `/home/craig/software/amarok/amarok-1.3.3/amarok/src/engine/void'

> if /bin/sh ../../../../libtool --silent

> --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++

> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../..

> -I../../../../amarok/src/engine

> -fno-check-new -fno-common

> -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST

> -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT

> -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -MT void-engine.lo

> -MD -MP -MF ".deps/void-engine.Tpo" -c

> -o void-engine.lo void-engine.cpp; \

> then mv -f ".deps/void-engine.Tpo"

> ".deps/void-engine.Plo"; else rm -f

> ".deps/void-engine.Tpo"; exit 1; fi

> void-engine.cpp:22: error: visibility

> arg must be one of "default", "hidden",

> "protected" or "internal"

> make[5]: *** [void-engine.lo] Error 1

My two cents:

It seems this has to do with the introduction of the new Visibilty support in c++

see http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Visibility.

I believe a developer may have semi-fixed this, as he/she left a comment about this in

universalamarok.cpp (search for KDE_EXPORT)

anywho

I have successfully installed amarok 1.4.1 on RedHat Fedora Core 3.

My installation uses the xine engine and mysql.

1) download install the xine engine http://xinehq.de/

2) created the amarok database, a user and password in mysql console

Note: if you installed a newer version of mysql, say in usr/local/mysql5, you may want to make sure older versions are not used by amarok: i.e. cp /usr/local/mysql5/bin/mysql_config /usr/bin

3) Edit ..src/plugin/plugin.h

a) add the line: #define PLUGIN_VIZ __attribute__ ((visibility("default")))

before the line: #define AMAROK_EXPORT_PLUGIN( classname ) \ ...

b) change the following from KDE_EXPORT to PLUGIN_VIZ so that it reads as:

#define AMAROK_EXPORT_PLUGIN( classname ) \

extern "C" { \

PLUGIN_VIZ amaroK::Plugin* create_plugin() { return new classname; } \

}

4) If your installation includes mysql you may wish to specify that on your config line: i.e.

./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix` --enable-mysql

Should be good to go!

31 Oct 2005 19:26 claverone

Re: make error
This didn't work for me. I'm still getting the same error.

Making all in void
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/craig/software/amarok/amarok-1.3.3/amarok/src/engine/void'
if /bin/sh ../../../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../.. -I../../../../amarok/src/engine -I../../../../amarok/src/plugin -I../../../../amarok/src -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -MT void-engine.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/void-engine.Tpo" -c -o void-engine.lo void-engine.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/void-engine.Tpo" ".deps/void-engine.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/void-engine.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
void-engine.cpp:22: error: visibility arg must be one of "default", "hidden", "protected" or "internal"
make[5]: *** [void-engine.lo] Error 1

28 Oct 2005 02:07 chaoticthought

Re: make error

> Try editing

> src/engine/void-engine.cpp

Oops. That should have been 'src/engine/void/void-engine.cpp'.

28 Oct 2005 02:06 chaoticthought

Re: make error

> void-engine.cpp:22: error: visibility

> arg must be one of "default",

> "hidden",

> "protected" or

> "internal"

> make[5]: *** [void-engine.lo] Error 1

> make[5]: Leaving directory

> `/home/sysadmin/Desktop/amarok-1.3.5/amarok/src/engine/void'

I'm going to guess...It looks like src/plugin/plugin.h is not being included for some reason. Try editing src/engine/void-engine.cpp and add this line near the top:

#include "../../plugin/plugin.h"

25 Oct 2005 16:39 codemillsdotcom

make error

make[5]: *** [void-engine.lo] Error 1

make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/sysadmin/Desktop/amarok-1.3.5/amarok/src/engine/void'

make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/sysadmin/Desktop/amarok-1.3.5/amarok/src/engine'

make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sysadmin/Desktop/amarok-1.3.5/amarok/src'

make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sysadmin/Desktop/amarok-1.3.5/amarok'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sysadmin/Desktop/amarok-1.3.5'

make: *** [all] Error 2

on centos 4.1 os. athlon 64 3000 cpu and 512 mb ram.

what to do now?

11 Nov 2004 15:01 ayche

nice
sorry, i guess that would be juk.

11 Nov 2004 11:51 ayche

Nice
The playlist is nice but dont care much for that floating

doohickey, is there a way to get rid of that without

removing the playlist?