Projects / ALT Linux / Comments

Comments for ALT Linux

16 May 2014 11:49 gvy

Regular LXQt/KDE4 20140515 release announcement was damaged somewhat: Regular Builds is a collection of LiveCDs, so KDE4 one has been updated to 4.13.1 this time and LXQt one has been introduced (replacing Razor-qt one).

11 Sep 2007 00:39 gvy

Re: Server

> I just installed server distro. As far as I see it has no xserver.

BTW here's desktop one with X :-) If you did want desktop primarily but with server features, welcome.

06 Aug 2007 23:51 abgar

Re: Server
Thanks :-)

06 Aug 2007 03:39 gvy

Re: Server

> I just installed server distro. As far

> as I see it has no xserver. How to get

> to this admin panel as seen on

> screenshot ? Do I mossed something ?

It's web interface accessible via https://server.ip:8080/ with your root password.

There's also "elinks" text-mode web browser but I'd suggest installing links2 and using "links2 -g" in framebuffer if one needs local graphical configuration tool and not remote one.

06 Aug 2007 03:32 abgar

Server
I just installed server distro. As far as I see it has no xserver. How to get to this admin panel as seen on screenshot ? Do I mossed something ?

29 Mar 2004 22:46 gvy

Re: Alt Compact - Colour Scheme

> Also, I'm not quite sure if I like the
> selection of the new X Windows mouse
> pointer.

BTW: I seem to be finally settled with Jimmac (http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=6550) one. Very nice, too bad it wasn't noticed in time to make it into Compact.

24 Dec 2003 23:29 gvy

Re: Alt Compact - Colour Scheme

> However, the chosen colour
> schemes are not, what I'd call,
> appealing. The default colours of
> Junior 2.2 were much more acceptable.

Thanks, I'll pass that on to the designer; you can contact him yourself at sadist@altlinux if there can be more intensive communication (it's welcome since developing and designing are somewhat largely different tasks, and we've got more developers than designers).

> Also, I'm not quite sure if I like the
> selection of the new X Windows mouse
> pointer.

Umm... don't know whether it's XFree86 4.3's default or ours, but "me too" => had to put "export XCURSOR_THEME=whiteglass" in ~/.bashrc (or more precisely, ~/.zshrc :).

Look at that (and some others from kde-look.org?) theme(s) and suggest what would be the best :-)

Glad to see that most other things went well: it was only beta, and I've stumbled upon a couple of things that broke my setup (so had to fix, but fixed ISO was harder for me to transfer for ftp.altlinux.org, and I didn't see another snapshot with later fixes included). Not sure but seems that the release should be moving out.

24 Dec 2003 22:04 virtualsky

Alt Compact - Colour Scheme
Now that I've been allowed some time off of work for the Christmas holiday, I've been able to try out the new ALT Compact distro.

First impressions:

Everything installed very easily, which is what I've come to expect from the ALT Linux team. However, the chosen colour schemes are not, what I'd call, appealing. The default colours of Junior 2.2 were much more acceptable.

Also, I'm not quite sure if I like the selection of the new X Windows mouse pointer.

Other than these minor issues (that kind of slapped me in the face when I first logged on), everything seems to be working quite well.

09 Jul 2002 16:30 gvy

Re: Web page

> How about an english web page?

Apologies -- webmaster is hardly reachable now (it's summer after all), and altlinux.org still runs the same vcontent as altlinux.ru while it should be the same as altlinux.com.

So please use altlinux.com, I seem to have to "update" URLs for now...

03 Jul 2002 10:59 doveclaw

Web page
How about an english web page? Was a little surpised not to find one since its advertised in english.