Album is perfect for archiving digital photos
* doesn't modify or move the original photos
* produces HTML output which won't be obsolete in 10 years, (unlike most other data formats)
* creates html from multiple directories with a single command
* can create intermediate-size photos (important for interactive performance at the MegaPixels go up)
* supports movie files, too
* supports display of EXIF data in the HTML output
(no need to click around in a special viewer)
Simple and powerful, what more could you want?
I literally was up and running 3 minutes after downloading this script. Highly recommended: it's extremely simple, and works perfectly the first time.
If you're in doubt, download it yourself, and if you don't like it, well, you will only have lost 3 minutes of your life.
Re: Making the album script work under windows
> Wow, making album work under windows is
> as easy as putting cygwin on your
> windows PC so that windows can interpret
> ./ properly. Runs like a champ, and is
> *way* better than any for purchase album
> packages. Way to go Mr author! you da
Did you get ffmpeg working in CygWin? Cause I have no luck. Album works just great!
what a completely excellent little script. Many thanks to the creator!!!
I had a bunch of scripts that did something similar, but album is much more professional and clean:
- one script does it all,
- it relies on convert and which usually work on most *nix systems, as opposed to ImageMagick which I never managed to compile,
- the file structure it generates is very neat and unostrusive,
- the source is quite easy to read (and tweak, see a slightly modified output (www.xmltwig.com/mirod/...))
Overall album strikes the perfect balance between simplicity (if I just drop the files from my digital camera in a directory they can be neatly online seconds later) and customization (I can come back later and add captions very easily)
Kudos to Dave
Perfect for archieving photos from my digital cam.
Just sort my photos in subdirs and watching them via browser with nice themes
(My favorite is W_Peterman).
Thanks a lot, Mr. Author
Re: Just easyyyy.....
Please download the current (marginalhacks.com/Hack...) version, it works fine.
And please submit feature requests and bug fixes directly to me instead of cluttering up this forum: Contact Info (MarginalHacks.com/Cont...)
Re: Just easyyyy.....
> % ...It would perhaps be interesting
> % to treat directories in de same
> The captions file *does* treat
> directories the same way - try it! If
> you have any problems, let me know.
Not quite works. The captions work on album page
but on the the thumbnail page; the directory name is
Ive been searching for a good photo album for a while, this one is great and does exactly what i was looking for! Its small simple, and effective.. Great job!
I love this script it has made my life much much easier, i don't know what i would do without it.
Cross Platform Patch Management Tool
A refreshingly simple PHP CMS and Web framework.